Being the change they wish to see in the world, ELS students are encouraged to participate in community service opportunities as part of their learning experience. Students are involved in giving back to a cause or helping their community in a way that matters to them.
- Visiting Elderly Houses to celebrate Family Day.
- Visiting Cancer Hospital 57357 to donate money raised through charity work and ELS annual carnival.
- Hosting Orphans and raising funds
- Planting, Cleaning, & Beautifying: ELSians participate in making the school and local community a nicer place.
- Annual Charity Carnival and Sports Day are planned, organized and run by student leaders.
“Sports are a microcosm of society.” ~Billie Jean
Sports build students’ characters and reveal traits of collaboration, determination, guts and power. In teaching beyond academics, at ELS offer diverse sports that suit different talents through:
- Physical education classes
- Domestic tournaments
- Schools tournament
- Sports Day
- Student achievements in athletics are celebrated across schools
The Delf (Diplome d’Etudes en Langue Française) is an official qualification awarded by the French Ministry of education to certify the competency of candidates from outside France in the French language. DELF is composed of 4 independent diplomas that correspond to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
At each Level, 4 skills are evaluated: Listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Successful candidates receive a certificate identical to the general public version.
At ELS the DELF course is a great success as hundreds of students participate at levels A1, A2 and B1. Students take the DELF course with ELS teachers and sit for the exams on campus. ELS organizes an annual educational trip to Paris for the DELF participants.
The Egyptian Language School is a partner in the German project of “Future Partnership Schools” with the German government through Goethe-Institute. The project offers continuous professional development opportunities for teachers that have a great impact on student learning.
They also provide linguistic courses to prepare students for FIT 1 & FIT 2 exams and choose the best ones to travel to Germany to further enhance the German culture.
At ELS we are committed to improving the academic levels of students and striving for academic excellence.
High achievers are given opportunities to grow and excel. Struggling students are offered support programs that include closer monitoring and greater parental involvement. Office hours are available to all students for further elaboration.
The process of meaningful character building is experienced for students across curricula at ELS and throughout a wide variety of opportunities.
- Integration throughout curriculum and projects
- Specifically designated character building classes and sessions
- Guest speaker events addressing topics of specific interest
- Participation in community events and organizations included MUN, MAL, AISEC, etc.
- Participation in assemblies about core character building pillars
- Celebration of good character traits via special awards and recognition
- Participation in events, displays, and related to life activities to build confidence and self esteem