The Head of Department is required to lead, manage, and develop the department to
ensure it achieves the school vision and mission in all its activities.
● Be responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy of
the Department in line with the school vision and mission.
● Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-
making and communication with teachers and students
● Be an active member of the school and contribute to the overall leadership and
● Ensure the best possible student learning outcome through instruction and
● Ensure the adherence to the assessment regulations and procedures of the school.
● Create a Professional Development environment in the department to keep teachers
updated with instruction best practices
● Ensure that staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is
consistent with the expectations of the school, and that fair workload allocation
processes are in place.
● Model a culture of improvement, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the
A bachelor's degree in a related field
5 years of experience with a strong academic record
Teaching diploma/ degree is preferred
Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
Positive and flexible to be able to adapt to changing circumstances